Chocolate Walnut Toffee CandyFrom mrsc543 6 years ago
How to make it
- Heat butter and sugar in a medium-size, heavy saucepan to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 6 minutes or until golden colored, stirring constantly.
- Pour into buttered 9-inch square baking pan. Let stand for 3 minutes or until top begins to firm.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup morsels over candy. Let stand for 5 minutes or until morsels are shiny; spread chocolate over surface.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup walnuts over chocolate; press down slightly.
- Chill for 15 minutes or until chocolate is firm.
- Invert candy onto waxed paper-lined tray.
- Microwave remaining cup of morsels in a small microwave-safe bowl on High (100%) power for one minute, stir. Microwave for an additional 10 to 20 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Remove any excess moisture from candy surface. Spread chocolate over candy.
- Sprinkle with remaining walnuts; press down slightly. Chill until firm.
- Break into bite-size pieces.
- Store in the refrigerator.