Simple Black Beans Over RiceFrom sloski 7 years ago
- 1/2 c. chopped onion shopping list
- 2 large cloves of garlic (whole) shopping list
- 2 diced jalapenos (can use canned) shopping list
- 1 large can of Goya black beans (do not drain) shopping list
- 1 small can of Goya tomato sauce (dark blue can) shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt (more or less to taste if needed) shopping list
- 1/2-1 tsp. black pepper (more or less to taste if needed) shopping list
- 1+heaping tsp. of chili powder (we like it hot so we always use more!) shopping list
- Trader Joe's Microwavable Organic rice (found in frozen aisle) or shopping list
- make your own. shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onions in olive oil to a golden brown. Add whole garlic cloves (you can remove them at the end if you wish). Add diced jalapenos and saute for a couple more minutes. Add black beans (with juice). Add tomato sauce. Stir all together and season with S & P and chili powder. Continue to cook for at least 25-30 mins, stirring occassionally to make sure it doesn't stick.
- HINT: only use Goya products. Serve over rice. Top with sour cream and scallions.