Pumpkin LasagnaFrom dutchie326 7 years ago
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the dish shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 bunches swiss chard, stems removed and leaves roughly chopped (optional) shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 2 15-ounce cans pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling) shopping list
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) grated Parmesan shopping list
- 1 1/2 18- to 24-ounce packages refrigerated cheese ravioli shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Heat oven to 400° F.
- 2.In a large skillet, over medium-low heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes
- . Add the garlic and chard (if using) and increase heat to medium-high.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Season with 1 teaspoon of the salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper, the sage, and the nutmeg.
- .In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, cream, 1 cup of the Parmesan, and the remaining salt and pepper.
- .Place a layer of ravioli in a buttered 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Top with half the onion mixture and almost half the pumpkin mixture.
- Top with another layer of ravioli.
- Repeat with the remaining onion mixture and all but 1 cup of the pumpkin mixture.
- Top with the remaining ravioli, pumpkin mixture, and Parmesan.
- Sprinkle with the remaining butter, cut into small pieces.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more.