Pickled Cucumbers Ogorki MalosolneFrom polishyourkitchen 6 years ago
- About 10 – 15 small, short cucumbers shopping list
- Enough water to cover all jars shopping list
- Few garlic cloves (add more if u like ur pickles garlicky) shopping list
- dill seeds or fresh dill bundle shopping list
- 1 chopped horseradish root shopping list
- horseradish leaves (I did my pickles without leaves cuz I wasn’t able to find them anywhere) shopping list
- 1 tbs of white mustard seeds shopping list
- 1 tbs of whole pepper shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- Boil salted water in a pot with proportions 1.5-2 tablespoons of salt per 1 L (32 oz) of water. Let the water cool down.
- Meanwhile place your cucumbers in jars or any other container. If cucumbers are big cut them lengthwise into halves. Distribute all the other ingredients (garlic, dill, horseradish, white mustard, pepper) evenly. When water is at room temperature pour over the cucumbers, seal the jars and live for about 2 – 3 days. After that time they should be ready to eat. You can also refrigerate them so they won’t turn sour so quickly.
- By the way, I cheated slightly and added few raw onion rings, parsley and bay leaves. I don’t think it makes a big difference to the taste but my mom never adds these and her pickles are the best.
The Cookpolishyourkitchen Miami, FL
The Rating4 people
thank you for sharing your Moms recipe...five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
You and your momhave an awsome recipe thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!