Rich Squash CasseroleFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 1 c grated gruyere cheese shopping list
- 1 c ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1/2 c plain bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 Tbs cornstarch shopping list
- 1-1/4 tspdried basil shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 3/4 tsp each salt and black pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1 pkg (8oz) sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 large onion,chopped shopping list
- 3 large summer squash,slice 1/4" thick shopping list
- 2 large zucchini,slice 1/4" thick shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together Gruyere,ricotta,bread crumbs,cornstarch,basil,3/4 tsp of thyme and 1/2 tsp. each of salt and pepper;set aside
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion,sprinkle with remaining 3/4 tsp thyme and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Cover,cook 6 mins,stirring occasionally.
- Coat slow-cooker with cooking spray. Layer 1/3 of squash in bottom. Add 1 c mushroom mixture over squash;sprinkle 2/3 c ricotta mixture on top. Later with another 1/3 squash,rest of mushroom mixture and another 2/3 c ricotta mixture. Place remaining squash and ricotta mixture on top.
- Cover,cook for 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low. Serve immediately
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
Love the layering in a crock. I have the type where the crock is removable. So if I set it on the table it is no longer a crock, but a real tall casserole.
Great post. :)
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
Looks yummy!m2googee in Tomball loved it
Good flavor. Should have peeled the squash.
See Rich Squash Casserole for more.
1/27/14pointsevenout in Athens loved it