Orange Spice PotpourriFrom chef2 5 years ago
- Orange spice Potpourri shopping list
- This recipe uses 1 pound of each ingredient and will make about 52 snack size ziploc bags. Cost: $55.00 = $1.06 per bag. shopping list
- 1 pound orange peel (Dime Size) shopping list
- 1/2 pound lemon peel (Dime Size) shopping list
- 1 pound Whole star anise shopping list
- 1 pound Small cinnamon sticks (1 inch) shopping list
- 1 pound whole allspice shopping list
- 1 pound whole cloves shopping list
- 4 ounces Fixative Orris root, Cellulose Fixative shopping list
- 1-2 ounce bottle with dropper of Orange, cinnamon, or Christmas oils. shopping list
How to make it
- If making a small amount, use a jar. If making a larger amount, use something that you don't mind having the aroma in forever. When I make this orange spice potpourri, I use a plastic shoe box container. When finished I can put my craft supplies in it and whenever I open it I get the most wonderful aroma.
- Mix together all ingredients except the oil. After mixing, add the oil by dropping it onto the potpourri. Trying to get as much as possible of the oil on the fixative. Continue to mix as you drop the oil into the potpourri. Use 1/2 of the oil. Check the aroma by smelling 2 or 3 days later; you can always decide to add more oil.
- Let the orange spice potpourri sit for 2 to 3 weeks in a cool dark spot. Stirring every couple days. When finished bag up and label. I use cellopane bags and make labels using address labels on my computer.
- Remember you can make as little or as much as you want with the recipe above -- just add and adjust to your liking. Good Luck
The Cookchef2 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating5 people
great post... this is my favorite potpourri scent... five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
I have been wondering 'What'??? I could give to the
'Ladies' in my 'Bible Study Group' this 'Season'~
AND~ your lovely "5"FORK!!!!! recipe(idea)
Is"just the ticket"!
Thank-you so much for sharing~
~All Blessings~...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
sounds wnderful thanks great post high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!