Pork Chops, Peas and TomatoesFrom twill10 7 years ago
- pork chops, peas and tomatoes shopping list
- 4 thick-cut bone-in pork chops shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil shopping list
- 1 vidalia onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 (16-ounce) can San Marzano or other high-quality tomatoes, chopped and juice reserved shopping list
- 2 cups cooked lady peas (or other field peas, such as black-eyed, cooked or canned) shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley shopping list
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. season chops with salt and black pepper. In a large iron skillet over medium-high heat, swirl oil to cover bottom of pan. When hot, add pork chops, being careful not to crowd pan. shopping list
- Sauté until golden brown on both sides but not cooked through; remove from skillet. Add onion to skillet and cook for 2 minutes or until slightly colored. Add tomatoes and juice, lady peas and bay leaves. Add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. shopping list
- Lay pork chops on tomatoes, cover pan and place in oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and serve, garnished with parsley. shopping list
How to make it
- We will number these for you! Just hit 'enter' after every step.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
The Rating7 people
It is a Southern meal, indeed!clbacon in Birmingham loved it
Goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
'Southern' Food has the MOST
"5"FORK!!!!! 'Comfort' in the world!
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!