Thanksgiving CakeFrom cuzpat 5 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 2 Cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 Cup shortening shopping list
- 1/4 Cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 Cup milk shopping list
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- orange food coloring shopping list
- 2/3 cup water shopping list
- 12 cups confectioners sugar (powder sugar) shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups shortening shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon clear vanilla flavoring shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Beat all ingredients on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high 3 minutes. Pour into pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Mix 4 cups of sugar with water, one cup at a time, beating after each addition at low speed. Alternately add shortening and remainder of sugar. Add salt and flavorings; beat at low speed until smooth. It is best to use a heavy duty mixer. To avoid powder sugar from going all over cover your bowl with a towel while mixing. Mix in orange color paste or 2 drops of yellow and 1 drop of red food coloring and mix.
- Spread frosting on top and sides of cake. Sprinkle autumn colored candies on top.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating4 people
this sounds like it will be very festive..five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
this does sound like a delicious cake for thanksgiing. thanks for the post. high 5buttercup21 in loved it