Coyote Gulch Breakfast QuesadillaFrom hungrybear 6 years ago
- 3 ounces chorizo shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoon butter shopping list
- 2 burrito-size flour tortillas shopping list
- 2 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil or other oil of choice shopping list
- sour cream (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 avocado, sliced (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Saute chorizo in small skillet over medium heat, breaking up with spoon until hot and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Lightly beat eggs with whisk or fork. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring, as you would scrambled eggs.
- Spoon cooked eggs onto 1 tortilla and gently spread evenly to within 1/2-inch of edge. Spoon cooked sausage evenly over eggs. Sprinkle with green onions, cheese and cilantro. Top with remaining tortilla.
- Heat garlic oil in shallow 12-inch skillet over medium-low heat. When hot, lightly brush some of the oil over the surface of the top tortilla. Place quesadilla in skillet oiled-side up. Cook over medium-low heat until browned on bottom, about 5 minutes. Turn and cook until second side is browned and cheese in center is melted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat to chopping board and cut into 8 wedges. Serve with sour cream and avocado, if desired.
The Cookhungrybear Miner, MO
The Rating6 people
May I have one please? FIVE :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Wish i saw this this morning!! oh well there is always a next morning! lol! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
That sounds so grub!!bostyn in San Diego loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!