Almond Flour CakeFrom midgelet 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and 1/2 cup of sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolks, then stir in 1 cup of the almond flour.
- Set aside.
- In a separate, very clean mixing bowl of an electric mixer, use the whisk attachment and whip the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add 1/4 cup of sugar and continue whisking until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in 1/3 of the egg whites and the remaining 1 cup of almond flour into the egg yolk mixture, alternating whites with the almond flour.
- Pour the batter in a 9-inch pan (with 2-inch-tall sides) lined with a circle of parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and run a clean butter knife around the edges to loosen before inverting
- Note: infuse warm cake with some orange or lemon syrup
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
great tasty recipe thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
great post and gluten free !!! five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Great tasting cake! Five from me.mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Sweet Suite159 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
Cakes Of Any Type143 members
Cake OLicious60 members
Desserts Desserts Everywhere49 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members