Coconut-Cream-Filled chocolate CupcakesFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- Cupcakes: shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (2-1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- Filling and Frosting: shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon coconut extract shopping list
- 1 container (1 pound) prepared dark chocolate frosting or your own homemade shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cupcakes: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously coat 18 indents in two cupcake pans with nonstick cooking spray. In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- 2. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl on medium speed for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. On low speed, add flour mixture, alternating with milk, in two additions. Divide batter among indents, 1/3 cup each.
- 3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 17 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes to rack and let cool completely.
- 4. Filling and Frosting: Beat butter, shortening, confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Mix in coconut extract. Transfer cream filling to a pastry bag and fit with a small tip. Insert tip deep into cupcake and fill with cream until you can see top bulging. Spread cupcakes with prepared frosting and serve.