Chipotle Apple Pecan Cake with caramel glazeFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground chipotle pepper shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves shopping list
- 1- 1/2 cups cooking oil shopping list
- 1- 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla shopping list
- 3 large (1-1/4 lb.) sweet-tart apples peeled, cored, and diced (3 cups) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted shopping list
- Spicy caramel Glaze (see below) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly coat 10-inch fluted tube pan with cooking spray; lightly sprinkle with flour. Set aside. In a bowl combine the 3 cups flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, chipotle, ginger, white pepper, salt, and cloves; set aside.
- 2. In a mixing bowl beat oil and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add eggs, one at a time; beat well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and as much flour mixture as you can. Stir in remaining flour mixture, apples, and pecans. Spoon batter into pan.
- 3. Bake 1-1/4 hours, until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Meanwhile, prepare Spicy Caramel Glaze. Cool cake in pan 10 minutes; invert on rack. Place rack over baking sheet. Drizzle warm cake with Spicy Caramel Glaze, respooning glaze that drips on baking sheet over cake. Cool completely before serving. Makes 16 servings.
- Spicy Caramel Glaze
- In a saucepan combine 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup whipping cream, and 1/2 tsp. ground chipotle pepper. Bring to boiling, stirring occasionally. Boil gently 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 tsp. vanilla Let stand 1-1/4 hours until slightly thickened. Drizzle over warm cake.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
Help!! my mouth is glued to the screen!! lol! no, but it feel like it is
YUM!!! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
You knew I had to look at this one. These flavors would make a great pumpkin cake as well.\0
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
This looks awesome, I'm going too try making a version with part applesauce or pumpkin puree for the oil to cut down on the fat too :-)jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!