Mini Pecan Pumpkin PiesFrom valinkenmore 5 years ago
- For the dough: shopping list
- 1/4 cup pecans shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for shaping dough shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter, ice cold shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ice cold water shopping list
- For the filling: shopping list
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin filling shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped plus 24 halves for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Special equipment: 2 (12-cup) mini muffin tins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray the bottoms and sides of the mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- For the dough:
- In a food processor, pulse pecans with the sugar, salt, and flour, until the nuts are ground and the ingredients are combined. Add in butter and pulse until dough resembles coarse meal. Slowly pour in ice water through the feed tube, pulsing, until the dough comes together. Remove from processor bowl onto clean work surface sprinkled with flour.
- Form dough into a ball and divide evenly into 24 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and evenly press into each cup, until the bottom is covered. If the dough is sticky, dip your finger in flour first.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until the crusts are very golden. Check periodically to make sure they don't get too brown.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: In a medium bowl, whisk the egg and yolk with the corn syrup, sugar, pumpkin filling and vanilla. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Remove dough from oven and spoon 1 tablespoon of the filling into each cup. Top each with 1 pretty pecan half. Return the pans to the oven and continue baking, for 12 to 15 minutes more, until the pumpkin filling is set. Allow to cool before removing from the pans.
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating6 people
Sound nice!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
These sound great for those big meals when we so often say, "I've eaten too much, but still room for one more bite!" Thanks, Valerie! 5UP
Diannediannehocut in Little Rock loved it
Theses look awesome!!bostyn in San Diego loved it