Entrecotes De Porc Mordvinov - Dill Kissed Pork Steaks With Onions And MustardFrom alisdhair 5 years ago
- 4 pork shoulder steaks weighing about 12-14 oz. shopping list
- ¾ cup of olive oil shopping list
- Half a cup of some Beerenauslese grade Riesling shopping list
- 4 tbls. of coarse grained spicey mustard shopping list
- 2 tbls. of minced garlic shopping list
- salt shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- 1 very large yellow onion shopping list
- Fresh baby dill shopping list
How to make it
- The pork steaks should be cut about ¾ an inch thick and whether they have bones in them or not is up to you - do however leave some of the fat on them.
- Mix the oil, wine, mustard, garlic and the pepper together and then coat the steaks thoroughly with this mixture. Let them set for 1-2 days.
- To cook them simply, season with a little salt, sear them on both sides and finish in the oven.
- Do not drain any of the marinade from them as you will use these pan juices and a little more wine and to make a light sauce.
- HALF AN HOUR BEFORE COOKING THE SWINE DO THIS:
- Leave the onion whole, but slice it very, very thin – essentially make very thin onion rings. Besprinkle them with salt and let them set for 15 minutes or so. Pat them dry with a paper towel and then coat them with flour. Deep fry them until crisp and drain.
- Put the onions into a mixing bowl while still hot and add to them some of the baby dill (chopped roughly) Toss together and use to garnish the tops of the pork steaks.
- SERVE with some simple Mashed potatoes and more especially with Impearial Russian Cabbage (see recipe) AND add to that recipe some cooked, chopped smocked bacon when finished.