French Onion OmeletFrom cuzpat 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups coarsely chopped red onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots (optional) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper shopping list
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese (4 ounces) shopping list
How to make it
- In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add red onion, shallots (if desired), and sugar. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and golden, stirring often.
- Remove 1/4 cup cooked onion mixture and set aside.
- Stir green onion, mustard, and thyme into skillet.
- In a bowl beat together eggs, water, salt, and pepper. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese. Pour into skillet.
- Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until set.
- Top with remaining cheese and reserved onion mixture. Cut into wedges.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating6 people
sounds delicious...five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Now i know what on my plate tommorow morning! five forksgoodeat in Benton loved it
Good onehungrybear in Miner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!