Shrimp EtouffeeFrom 4jenna 9 years ago
How to make it
- In medium saucepan boil the water, bouillon cubes,and one onion until cubes are disolved. THIS IS YOU BROTH. SET ASIDE.
- In Seperate pan cook shrimp. Season to taste. I cook mine in a little butter and add salt and pepper to taste. Cook about 20 minutes, taste to make sure shrimps are not tough. SET ASIDE.
- Now that your shrimps are done its time to make your roux. In Seperate pan pour about 3 glugs of olive oil, stir in 3 tablespoons of flour. Stir around making sure mixture becomes smooth. Add more oil if needed until it is smooth and runny. BUT NOT WATERY. Stir constantly until its a nice brown color, then add your other onion. The onion will stop your roux from cooking.
- Combine roux into your broth that you made in the first step. Add the jar of prego. Stir over Medium heat, season well. Then add your Shrimp.
- Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Serve over Rice
- NOTE: when i say 3 glugs of olive oil, this is because i don't measure. I just tip the bottle over and GLUG, GLUG, GLUG.
The Cook4jenna Independence, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!