Pumpkin Spice Ghost CakeFrom ttaaccoo 4 years ago
- The cake shopping list
- 1 pkg. (18 oz) spice or carrot cake mix shopping list
- 1 cup pumpkin puree shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cups water shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice ( or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon grnd nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves, = 1 tsp. shopping list
- Note: <landolakes.com/tips/Substitions.cfm> Excellent ingredient substition list at this site. Source of pumpkin pie spice substitution. shopping list
- cream cheese frosting shopping list
- 2 pkgs (3 oz. each) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 Table. butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 4 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- Ghost -makers: black string licorice , shopping list
- raisins (or chocolate-covered raisins, or dried cranberries, or_____. shopping list
- candy corn shopping list
How to make it
- IPreheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour 2 8 or 9- inch- round cake pans.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake ingredients until moistened., Beat for 2 minutes or until thoroughly mixed. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting
- To make the Frosting, beat the first three ingredients until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the sugar. Spread between layers, on top , and around the side of the cake.
- Garnish with Ghosts
- Form the licorice strings into ghost shapes. press into side of frosted cake. Use raisins for eyes. arrange candy corn between ghosts on sides and around top edge of cake.
The Cookttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
The Rating6 people
Mighty Fine!!! five forks!goodeat in Benton loved it
Sounds delicious! Love the combo of ingredients here!juels in Clayton loved it
Soun ds like fun and will be giving this a try!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!