Brisket Of Beef BarbecuedFrom chacha 7 years ago
- 1 cup white wine or a good honey ale shopping list
- 3 cups apple cider or apple juice will do nicely too shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. molasses shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger root shopping list
- 8-10 peppercorns, whole shopping list
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 (2-1/2 to 3 lbs.) beef brisket shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and cook for 1-1/2 hours.
- Combine wine/honey ale, apple cider/apple juice, honey, molasses, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger root, peppercorns, thyme and bay leaf in a Dutch oven or heavy roasting pan.
- Add brisket.
- Cover tightly and place in pre-heated oven.
- Remove brisket from cooking liquid, cover and set aside.
- Transfer liquid to a medium pan and cook over medium heat until reduced to a glaze and thick enough to coat back of spoon.
- Remove peppercorns and bay leaf.
- I like to use a charcoal BBQ instead of propane.
- Light about 14 charcoal briquettes and add a small piece of mesquite or your preference of other wood.
- Be sure to place charcoal and wood to one side of grill.
- Arrange brisket on grill so that it is not directly over burning wood.
- Brush it with glaze.
- Place cover on grill and smoke brisket for at least 1 hour, turning meat and coating with glaze every 15 minutes.
- Add charcoal or wood, small pieces at a time, if the fire seems to be cooling down.
- Remove brisket from the grill and thinly slice meat against the grain and serve.
- If there is any glaze remaining, it can be spooned over meat.
- Serves 4-6 depending on appetites.
The Cookchacha New York, NY
The Rating7 people
Very nice and good sounding! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
oh this is a nice one! five forks!goodeat in Benton loved it
i like! ^5choclytcandy in loved it