Butternut Squash HummusFrom tifftifftiffm 4 years ago
- Up to 3lbs cooked butternut squash (Cooking directions will follow) shopping list
- 1 14oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 big garlic clove, grated shopping list
- 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- juice of half a lemon shopping list
- pinch of cumin shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cooking butternut squash:
- Stir-Fry: tender when pierced.
- Bake: 400 degrees 30 - 40 minutes, uncovered.
- Microwave: 1/2 the squash and microwave for 10 -12 minutes.
- Boil: Cut into chunks and boil 7 - 9 minutes.
- Steam: Cube and steam for 6 - 8 minutes.
- Roast: 400 degrees for 30 - 45 minutes.
- Making Hummus:
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor making sure to scrape the sides down.
- Serve in a bowl with pita chips or crostini bread