Applesauce DoughnutsFrom chacha 4 years ago
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup applesauce, sweetened or unsweetened shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons shortening shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- cinnamon-sugar mixture, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Beat 1-1/3 cups of the flour and the remaining ingredients except oil and cinnamon-sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, until blended. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in remaining 2 cups flour. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour or until dough stiffens.
- Heat oil (2 to 3 inches) in deep fryer or 3 quart saucepan to 375ºF. Divide dough in half. Place half of the dough on well-floured cloth-covered surface; gently roll in flour to coat. Gently roll dough 3/8 inch thick. Cut with floured doughnut cutter. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Slide doughnuts into hot oil, using wide spatula. Turn doughnuts as they rise to the surface. Fry 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Carefully remove from oil (do not prick surfaces), drain on paper towels. Sprinkle hot doughnuts with cinnamon-sugar.
- Make certain the oil is kept at 375ºF. Use a deep-frying thermometer for best results.
- Makes 18-20 doughnuts
- Note:If you like your doughnuts completely coated then add the cinnamon-sugar to a plastic or paper bag, and shake one or two doughnuts at a time in the mixture until coated.
The Cookchacha New York, NY
The Rating6 people
Would love to be eating one right now!! five forks for the recipes!goodeat in Benton loved it
I like ithungrybear in Miner loved it
Yum!!! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it