Gemilli with Crab in a Light Lemon Cream SauceFrom sosousme 4 years ago
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, halved and thinly sliced laterally shopping list
- 1 cup ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups light cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (zest first, juice second) shopping list
- 1 pound crab meat, picked through for any lingering shells shopping list
- 1 pound Gemilli pasta (I like the shape, but you could use shells or bow-tie pasta), cooked according to package directions, well drained, 1/2 cup pasta water reserved shopping list
- Finely chopped fennel fronds (the feathery leaves) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add the fennel and saute until softened. Add the ricotta and cream, stir together until just melted. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest, crab and cooked pasta. Stir together until well combined (be gentle when stirring to keep the crab as intact as possible), adding some pasta water if the mixture seems to dry. Sprinkle with chopped fennel leaves and serve.
- Per Serving: 481 Calories; 21g Fat (9g Sat, 9g Mono, 2g Poly); 24g Protein; 48g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 96mg Cholesterol; 252mg Sodium.