Vegetarian BiryaniFrom daryllau 6 years ago
- 1 cup long grain rice shopping list
- 10 fresh green beans - sliced shopping list
- 1 cauliflower - cut into florets shopping list
- 1 carrot - sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh peas shopping list
- 5 - mushrooms shopping list
- 2 onions - chopped shopping list
- 1 pc cinnamon shopping list
- 3 tsp cardamom seeds shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin seeds shopping list
- 1 tsp red chili powder shopping list
- 5 tbsp ghee shopping list
- 3 cloves shopping list
- Chopped coriander leaves shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- water shopping list
How to make it
- 1] Grind the cloves and cinnamon coarsely.
- 2] Heat the ghee in a pan and fry the ground cinnamon, cloves & cardamom pods.
- 3] Add the cumin seeds & onions and fry until golden.
- 4] Add the chili powder in it.
- 5] Then add all the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
- 6] Lower the heat and add the rice and fry until all the ghee has been absorbed.
- 7] Then add salt and 2 cups of water.
- 8] Cover the pan tightly and bring this to a boil by raising the heat.
- 9] Then reduce the heat and cook for about 30 minutes or until rice & vegetables are done.
- 10] Garnish with chopped coriander.
- 11] Serve hot with curries
People Who Like This Dish 145
- schanaaz Nowhere, Us
- George123456789 Nowhere, Us
- Bethgo Nowhere, Us
- tahiti_rose Nowhere, Us
- cwestlake United Kingdom, Kent
- Findingnimo Nowhere, Us
- helliwily New Westminster, Canada
- Good4U Perth, Canada
- allthatspinachandilooknothinglikepopeye Nowhere, Us
- nanako Nowhere, Us
- Plus 135 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookdaryllau Seri Kembangan, MY
The Rating10 people
I love this dish and really love tythat it takes no time,
It was a great crowd pleaser in my housepsy333che in Long Branch loved it
You made it? wow cool... care to share further on your experience?daryllau in Seri Kembangan loved it
Hi there Phaqgood... you definitely can use a rice cooker just be monitor carefully the process thats all. I would advice that it might not taste as well though.daryllau in Seri Kembangan loved it