Orange Walnut Tea CookiesFrom coffeebean53 8 years ago
- 1/2 c. butter (no substitute), softened shopping list
- 1/4 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg, separated shopping list
- Finely grated rind of 1 orange shopping list
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 c. flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp water shopping list
- 1 c. walnuts, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg yolk, orange rind, lemon rind and lemon juice.
- Gently and gradually beat in flour.
- Tightly cover bowl and chill until firm enough to handle.
- Using a generous 1/2 TB for each, shape dough into balls.
- In a small shallow bowl with a fork, beat egg white and water enough to blend.
- With a fork dip each ball into egg white mixture, then roll lightly in walnuts.
- Bake 1" apart on greased cookie sheets in a 325* oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.