Timbale Of Idaho Potato Carrot And Caramelized OnionsFrom sosousme 7 years ago
- 6 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks shopping list
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 large onions, diced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup cream or half and half, or as needed shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- Additional butter, at room temperature, to coat the ramekins shopping list
- Unseasoned bread crumbs or panko to coat the ramekins shopping list
How to make it
- Put the potatoes and carrots together in a large pot, cover with water by 2 inches and boil until the potatoes are soft.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet, add the onions and saute over medium low heat until brown and caramelized
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain well. Add them along with the carrots back into the pan and shake over a low flame to dry them out; then add the remaining butter and mash them, adding cream or half and half as necessary to make a soft mashed potato. (The carrots will likely remain in pieces you can see, this is fine and how it should be). Stir in the caramelized onions.
- Coat 8 ramekins with softened butter, then coat with bread crumbs. Spoon the potato mixture into the ramekin, smoothing out the tops. (Make up to 2 days in advance, cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator).
- When ready to serve, remove the ramekins from the refrigerator and place on a cookie sheet. Remove the plastic from the tops and place in a hot 375 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until hot. Gently run a knife around the edge of the ramekin, then using potholders , turn the timbale out onto the plate, shaking gently to release.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!