Pineapple Pepper Pork RoastFrom otterpond 7 years ago
- 1 boneless pork loin roast, about 2 to 3 lbs. shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 3 tablespoons margarine shopping list
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced shopping list
- 1 can crushed pineapple (20 oz), undrained shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped green and/or red bell peppers shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp allspice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Slice pork loin in slices about 3/4-inch thick.
- Dredge in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Heat margarine in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add pork slices and excess flour; brown both sides.
- Transfer browned pork to the slow cooker/Crock Pot (3 1/2-qt. or larger).
- Add onions and peppers to the skillet, stirring, until slightly browned and tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Pour sauted vegetables and pineapple sauce from skillet over the pork slices waiting in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
- Serve over hot rice.
- Servings 8
- 1 - 3oz slice Per Serving
- Calories 320.5
- Fat 11.04
- Carbs 21.05
- Protein 26.49
- Fiber 1.98
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookotterpond Orlando, FL
The Rating10 people
This looks lovely! I just brought out my slow cooker for the winter, I am looking for some good recipes! Thanks!
Susansitbynellie in Glasgow loved it
Yummy, something new for the crockpot. Reminds me of something my mom would make.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Like ithungrybear in Miner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!