Elaines Roast Pork StewFrom chefelaine 7 years ago
- Leftover lean roast pork (amount your preference) cut into cubes shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic pepper, or 1/4 tsp of each separately (I have a mixture of both, put out by 'Garden Fresh', called 'garlic pepper') shopping list
- 1 large can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 3 to 4 medium sized potatoes, cubed shopping list
- 3/4 cup sliced leeks shopping list
- 2 tbsp dehydrated onion flakes shopping list
- 1/4 cup pot barley shopping list
- 3/4 cup frozen corn shopping list
- 3/4 cup frozen peas shopping list
- 1/2 cup slivered carrots shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- To thicken: shopping list
- rice flour or corn starch if rice flour unavailable shopping list
How to make it
- To the water, add all other ingredients
- Allow to slowly simmer for 4 hours
- Thicken to your preference with rice flour or corn starch.
- Mix the starch or flour first in cold water, then add to stew. Mixing in cold water first prevents lumps from forming.
- This makes a delicious meal, with or without dumplings, and is a great way of using leftovers!
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating13 people
You are a wonderful friend & have great recipes. Thanks for the share.
Jo & Leejolielives in The Catskill Plateau loved it
Mmmmm sounds great to me right now elaine ......yummmm..........
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Chef, another great post. 5bobbyc0117 in Canfield loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!