Cabbage SoupFrom 10in10dietcom 5 years ago
- 2 large onions shopping list
- 1/2 head of garlic shopping list
- 2 stalks of celery shopping list
- 2 large carrots shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive or grape seed oil shopping list
- tablespoon of sea salt shopping list
- lots of black pepper shopping list
- 1 small can of tomato paste shopping list
- 5 bay leaves shopping list
- 3/4 cup of apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar shopping list
- large whole cabbage shopping list
- parsley fresh or dried shopping list
How to make it
- Get out the 8 quart pot.
- Boil two quarts of water in a kettle.
- Dice 2 large onions and 1/2 head of garlic
- Slice 2 stalks of celery and 2 large carrots
- Cover the bottom of the pot with olive or grape seed oil and stir-fry the above veggies. Add at least a tablespoon of sea salt and lots of black pepper. When hot, not tender, pour in the boiling water and boil another kettle of water.
- Add to the soup and boil: tomato paste, 5 bay leaves, 3/4 cup of apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- Slice a whole cabbage as small as you'll be comfortable eating, and to avoid really bad slurping noises. Put it in the pot as you go and add the second kettle of water when it's boiling.
- If you have fresh parsley, chop a good bunch in. Otherwise throw in a handful of dried parsley.
- Cover the pot and boil the heck out of it. It's done when the celery is no longer hard and the thick bits of cabbage are a bit translucent. The pot can cool overnight on the counter before you store it in the fridge.
The Cook10in10dietcom Sharbot Lake, CA
The Rating6 people
Sounds wonderful and healthy! Can't wait to get this one on my back burner! High 5 to you!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
This sounds like a good soup for the winter months ahead!mbeards2 in Omaha loved it
Goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!