Four Cheese Stuffed Silly MushroomsFrom choclytcandy 5 years ago
- 6 medium-large baby bella mushrooms (each about 2 inches wide) shopping list
- 1/4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup canned spinach, drained (or frozen spinach, thawed) shopping list
- 2 tbs fat-free cream cheese shopping list
- 2 tbs shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 tbs minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- I use full fat cheeses, the fat-free versions are too rubbery. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Gently remove stems from mushrooms. Chop stems into small pieces and set aside.
- With rounded sides down, place mushroom caps on a baking sheet sprayed lightly with non-stick spray. Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes. Do no turn oven off.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Add chopped mushroom stems, onion and garlic. Cook and stir until garlic is soft, about 3 minutes. Once mushroom caps are cool enough to handle, pat dry until free of all excess moisture. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, cream cheese, nutmeg, and salt, mix well. Add mushroom-onion mixture, spinach, and mozzarella cheese. Stir until blended.
- Evenly distribute cheese mixture among mushroom caps. They will be super-stuffed and the mixture will be piled on top too.
- In a small dish, mix Parm-style topping with garlic powder. Sprinkle stuffed mushrooms with this mixture.
- Place stuffed mushrooms back in the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes, until topping begins to brown. Let cool slightly and enjoy.
- Nutritional Content:
- 198 calories
- 1.75g fat
- 792mg sodium
- 25g carbs
- 4.5g fiber
- 8.5g sugars
- 22g protein
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating7 people
great post!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Good!!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
May be silly but gooood!victoriaregina in USA loved it