Southern Gal BiscuitsFrom michellem 7 years ago
- Recipe for Southern Gal biscuits. This is my favorite homemade biscuit recipe! shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour(you can use 1/2 whole wheat, or all ww,your choice) shopping list
- 2 TBS white sugar shopping list
- 4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2/3 cups milk shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl,combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar, Cut in shortening until mixture resembles fine crumbs,
- In a small bowl, beat egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; foll to 1/2 in. thickness.
- Cut with a 2- 1/2 in. biscuit cutter.
- Bake at 400* for 12-15 min or until golden brown.
- Yield:about 1 dozen
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!