Buttermilk Fried Green BeansFrom midgelet 6 years ago
How to make it
- Trim, rinse, and thoroughly dry the green beans.
- Put them in a medium bowl and toss with buttermilk to coat.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and cayenne in a
- large bowl or re-sealable plastic bag.
- Drain green beans and toss them in the flour mixture to coat thoroughly.
- . Bring about 1/2 inch oil in a wide, heavy pot to 350-375F degrees
- over high heat.
- Adjust heat to maintain that temperature range.
- Test temperature using a thermometer or by dipping the handle of a wooden spoon into the oil.
- If the oil bubbles around the handle, it is hot enough to fry the beans.
- Shake excess flour mixture off beans as you add enough of them to
- form a single layer in the oil.
- Fry until golden to medium brown and beans are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer with tongs or a slotted spoon to a cooling rack set over paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve hot.
- Repeat with remaining beans.
- Makes about 6 servings Buttermilk Fried Green Beans.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
wow midglet sounds sooo good luv the ingredients high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This is a very unusual dish to me. It really is interesting. I think it sounds good for a really great feasting with a close friend. Hmm. I wonder what different dips would be best just to dunk. Thanks for sharing. Looks like a 5 to me.tablescape in loved it
These are becoming popular in the South now. They serve them with Ranch or Italian dressing for dipping. \0
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
Quick N Easy123 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Anything Goes289 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
California Cooks31 members
Consume Those Beans78 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
Cheap N Easy53 members