Stuffed leg of lambFrom pkusmc 7 years ago
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (5lb) shopping list
- 1 package of spinach shopping list
- 6-8 oz goats cheese shopping list
- 2 tsp pine nuts shopping list
- 1 tbsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tbs salt shopping list
- 1 tbs pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fennal seeds shopping list
- cooking twine shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place oil in a skillet for searing roast.
- Butterfly the leg of lamb on a cutting board, cutting 1/2" slices about 2" apart. Do not cut through entirely. Remove section of fat with a small pairing knife. Cover with plastic wrap and pound until the meat is constistently 3/4". Remove plastic wrap. Salt and pepper the meat, and then layer spinach on top, keeping the edges clear (approx 1/2"). Break up goats cheese on top of spinach and sprinkle pine nuts evenly. Carefully roll the leg, tucking in the sides as you go. Don't worry if the spinach protrudes from the sides. Once rolled, tie cooking twine tightly around the roast in 2" intervals.
- In a dredging dish combine the flour, salt, pepper, thyme and fennal seeds. Coat the roast completely and brush off any excess. Heat the skillet until the oil begins to smoke, and then sear all sides of the roast until golden brown. Place skillet directly into the oven and roast for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cut and remove all the twin and slice 1" steaks from the roast and serve with your choice of sides.