Elaines EASY French Canadian Pea SoupFrom chefelaine 3 years ago
- 1 medium sized ham bone with some meat left intact shopping list
- 1 tsp dehydrated onion flakes shopping list
- salt to preference (I used none here because the ham had enough) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 4 cups dehydrated peas shopping list
- 3/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 6 cups cold water shopping list
How to make it
- place the cold water and the ham bone with meat intact into the pressure cooker
- Clamp the lid
- Bring to a boil slowly, then increase flame to high to produce steam and pressure.
- When the little indicator post rises, the pressure release will shoot off some steam.
- Turn heat off, and allow to cool enough to remove the clamped lid. DO NOT attempt to rush this, as SERIOUS burns could result.
- When the lid is safely removed, add the onion, pepper, and dried peas (and salt if you're using any)
- Clamp the lid again and bring to boil until steam and pressure begins to escape.
- Turn off heat immediately, and again allow to cool until the lid can be loosened safely.
- When the lid is removed, slowly add the heavy cream and combine well.
- The beauty of this is that the peas rehydrate very quickly and literally 'explode' in the pressure cooker, bringing out every bit of flavor, resulting in a hearty, thick soup.
- ENJOY! :+D