Shrimp And Angel HairFrom ttaaccoo 4 years ago
- 1 pkg X-tra large shrimp (454g) 26-30 shrimp shopping list
- Sauce: 1 1/2 Table. oyster sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 Table. chile-garlic sauce (I used a tamed 1 T. chile-garlic + 2 tsp. catsup) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar shopping list
- Mix the three ingredients together and set aside. shopping list
- 3-6 cloves garlic, fresh, minced shopping list
- 5 shallots, fresh, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups baby bok choy, chopped shopping list
- red bell peppers, roasted (jarred) 3 Tablespoons chopped shopping list
- mushrooms, fresh, sliced, 12 ounces(I used baby portabella) shopping list
- 1 T. olive oil shopping list
- angel hair pasta, 1/3 of 16 oz.pkg. shopping list
How to make it
- A couple of hrs before , I placed the frozen shrimp one by one on the sides of a colander, in the sink. When mostly thawed, I proeceded with dinner prep:
- I first chopped and minced the veggies. Shallots could be scallions or red onion or tender leeks..., Bok choy could be bean sprouts, celery, carrots, zucchini, water chestnuts, etc. Fresh bell peppers would be best.
- Put on water to boil for pasta. When boiling, throw in the pasta. The angel hair takes 3-5 minutes. Drain before adding to skillet, keep warm.
- Concurrently I did the stir-fry:
- I used a large high-sided skillet to stir-fry. Put the oil in the pan, when it is hot, add the shallots, stirring constantly, next add the garlic. continue stirring . After 2 mins, add the bok choy , mushrms, bells. (the mushrooms will begin 'dropping their water' if not in time, add a bit of broth or water. Now add the Sauce , and stir to combine. Next, add all the shrimp to warm them, within 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Follow with the cooked pasta, and toss all together to combine. Serve immediately.