German Apple PieFrom brinbrits 6 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- whipped cream, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in the shortening until crumbly. Add vanilla. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2in beyond edge of pie platw; flute edges.
- For filling, combine the sugar, flour, and the cinnamon; sprinkle 3 tablespoons in crust. Layer with half of the apples, then sprinkle with half of the remaining sugar mixture. Repeat layers. Pour cream over all.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350, bake for 55-60 minutes or until apples are tender. Cool on a wire rack. Store in refrigerator. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
The Cookbrinbrits San Antonio, TX
The Rating7 people
This is very good, I have a recipe from my Amish cookbook that is very similar with the whip cream. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
looks great!m2googee in Tomball loved it
Hmmm.... so easy and delicious, this is great! Thanks!!!berry in Winter Park loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!