Mexican Coastal TunaFrom pinotnoir 6 years ago
- 5 cans tuna in water shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion shopping list
- 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 lime shopping list
- 1 orange shopping list
- 1 habanero pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 bag of fresh baby spinach chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- Pocket pita bread or fajita size flour tortillas shopping list
- sandwich sliced dill pickles shopping list
How to make it
- Open cans of tuna, make sure you squeeze out all liquid and place in large mixing bowl - you want the tuna dry.
- add juice of lemon, lime and orange and "cook" an hour or even overnight in the fridge.
- add chopped onion, finely chopped habanero pepper mixed with a little olive oil, chopped spinach, chopped cilantro and mix well.
- Place a pickle slice in a pita pocket and fill with the tuna mixture or wrap in tortilla and devour with a glass of lemonade or your favorite beer. Yum!
The Cookpinotnoir HESPERIA, MI
The Rating5 people
Sounds like a fresh and lite salad style tuna, compared to the mayo base ones. Like the heat as well. \0
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
Like it too! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
I like this but fresh fish is something we got heaps of here. Have you ever thought of trying this with fresh cubed Bonita or Yellowfin? The lemon juice WILL cook it and you will have a totally new dish. I'll give it a go and let you know how it turn...moreelgourmand in Apia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!