RouladenFrom smurfetta 6 years ago
- 4 beef roulades (beef tenderloin or veal cutlets work well) cut into strips about 8 inches long, 2 inches wide, and ½ inch thick) shopping list
- German-style mustard shopping list
- 2 cups of beef broth shopping list
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste shopping list
- 2 cups of heavy cream (plain yoghurt may be substituted) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- ½ lb of ground pork shopping list
- 1 medium egg shopping list
- 1 small onion shopping list
- 2 slices of white bread shopping list
- ¼ pound of dried prunes shopping list
- 1 large apple shopping list
How to make it
- Spread mustard thinly onto the slices of meat.
- To make the filling, mix the ground pork with the egg, the finely chopped onion, and the bread that has been soaked in water and squeezed dry. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the prunes and the apple into small pieces and mix with the rest.
- Spread the filling on top of the mustard on the roulades, roll up the meat, tie with string or fasten with a skewer, and sear briefly in shortening.
- Add beef broth and stir in tomato paste.
- Let simmer for 45 minutes on medium heat.
- Add cream to the stock, pour over roulades, and let everything simmer for another 30 minutes. Remove roulades and take off string or remove skewers.
- Let the gravy simmer for another 5 minutes. Then add salt and pepper to taste and pour gravy over the roulades.