Spicy Chipolte RiceFrom twill10 5 years ago
- Spicy Chipolte rice shopping list
- 6 slices bacon, diced shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 cups long grain rice shopping list
- 3 (14 1/2-oz.) can chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 3 chipotle chilies in adobe sauce (about 1/4 of a 7-oz. can), diced shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 2 green onions, chopped, some green tops included shopping list
- I would go light on the chipoltes shopping list
How to make it
- Cooking Directions
- In deep, heavy saucepan sauté bacon with onion until onion is slightly tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in rice; cook and stir to coat well.
- Add chicken broth, water, chilies and salt.
- Bring to a boil; cover, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for up to 15 minutes before serving.
- Remove to serving bowl; garnish with cilantro and green onion.
- Serving Suggestions
- The smoky flavor of bacon combined with the spicy flavor of chipotle chilies make this a side dish that demands second helpings.