Winter Vegetable SoupFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 2 Tbs. butter shopping list
- 1 med onion,cut in 1/2"dice shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves,coarsely chopped shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 1 lb. acorn squash,peeled,seeded, and cut in 1" chunks shopping list
- 1 bunch kale(3/4 lb.),ribs cut away ad discarded,leaves torn shopping list
- 5 1/2 c low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 can (14oz) cannellini beans,rinsed shopping list
- 3 sprigs thyme shopping list
- grated parmesan cheese,for serving shopping list
How to make it
- In large Dutch oven or heavy pot,melt butter over medium. Cook onion and garlic until fragrant,3 mins;season with salt and pepper.
- Add squash and kale and cook till kale is wilted,about 3 mins;season with salt and pepper. Add broth,beans and thyme. Bring to a simmer and cook until squash and kale are tender,about 12 mins. Season soup with salt and pepper and serve with parmesan if desired.
- I use spinach insteaad of kale and it can be added towards the end since it doesn't require much cooking.
People Who Like This Dish 2
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating11 people
Love this combo Pat! Will be making it soon.
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
Oh yeah! I wait all year long for winter vegetable anything. Will definately be cooking up this one.rottman in Nottingham loved it
Nuthin' like a bowl or a soup mug (my fave) full of steaming goodies!:), this one is going om my weekly menu. HIGH FIVE:)snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it