White Bean Turkey Chili with Corn Bread DumplingsFrom mrsc543 5 years ago
- 1 lb cooked turkey shopping list
- 16 oz jar chunky salsa shopping list
- 15 oz can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 8.5 oz pkg corn bread mix shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (1 oz) (optional) shopping list
- slivered green onions (optional for topping) shopping list
- chili powder (optional for topping) shopping list
How to make it
- Chop turkey.
- In a Dutch oven, combine turkey, salsa, beans, chili powder, and 2/3 cup water.
- Bring to boiling.
- Meanwhile, for dumplings, in a medium bowl mix together corn bread mix, egg and 1/4 cup water.
- Drop batter by large spoonfuls on boiling turkey chili.
- Cover; reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean.
- To serve, top chili with cheese, green onions, and chili powder.
The Cookmrsc543 North Reading, MA
The Rating4 people
This is good & a very good jumping off point too. Bookmarked & 5ved.
Jo & Leejolielives in The Catskill Plateau loved it
Sounds delish!! High FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
fantastic recipe corn dumplins a plus thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it