Pistachio and Cherry Mexican Wedding CakesFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar plus more for coating shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup shelled unsalted natural pistachios (about 4 ounces), chopped shopping list
- 1 cup dried tart cherries or dried cranberries shopping list
- 3 1/3 cups sifted cake flour shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups sifted all purpose flour shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 3 heavy large baking sheets. Using electric mixer, beat 2 cups butter and 1 cup powdered sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and salt, then pistachios and cherries. Using spatula, stir in all flour (do not overmix dough).
- Shape dough by generous tablespoonfuls into football-shaped ovals.
- Place on prepared sheets, spacing 1 inch apart. Bake cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until bottoms just begin to color, about 16 minutes. Cool cookies on sheets 10 minutes before coating.
- Pour generous amount of powdered sugar into medium bowl. Working with 5 or 6 warm cookies at a time, add cookies to bowl of sugar; gently turn to coat thickly.
- Transfer cookies to sheet of waxed paper. Repeat to coat cookies with sugar again; cool completely.
- DO AHEAD Can be made 4 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating7 people
GOOD! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!! I love those mexican wedding cakes yum:)snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Love these Peeta - especially with the cherries and pistachios. High 5valinkenmore in Malott loved it
I make Mexican wedding cakes every Christmas...this year I will try it with these additions! Thanks for sharing this. Five forks.mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!