Grilled Cheese With Smoked Chilies and CilantroFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- Soft butter shopping list
- 4 slices white or wheat bread shopping list
- 2 tsp Chilpotle Puree (chilpotle peppers, roasted, grinded and added to vegetable oil to make a puree) shopping list
- 5 oz fontina or cheddar cheese, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced into rounds shopping list
- 1 tbs cilantro, coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Butter outside of bread for grilling. Then spread the insides with the chilpotle puree, putting a scant 1/2 tsp on each slice, or more if you like your sandwich very hot.
- Layer the cheese, tomato, onion and cilantro on a slice of bread, and place the other on top.
- Grill the sandwich over moderate heat in a skillet or a griddle. Turn to brown each side. Use a lid over the sandwich to help the cheese melt. This will take about 8 minutes. Serve.
- Note: Saute the onion for 1 minute in vegetable oil if you do not want a raw onion taste. Then proceed with recipe.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating7 people
YUM YUM YUM!!! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Looking at this recipe.That it looks so good.kingofallassholes in Saint Joseph loved it
Woot! There's tomorrow's lunch!
Vickievictoriaregina in USA loved it