White Chocolate Almond Cake With Bourbon Buttercream FrostingFrom victoriaregina 5 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- chocolate Velvet cake Batter; shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 (16-ounce) package light brown sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup hot water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 (12-ounce) package white chocolate morsels shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely chopped slivered almonds, toasted shopping list
- vanilla buttercream Frosting: (bourbon) shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 (16-ounce) packages powdered sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- Preparation shopping list
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add powdered sugar alternately with milk, beating at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract. shopping list
- bourbon buttercream Frosting: Substitute 1/3 cup bourbon and 1/3 cup milk for 2/3 cup milk. shopping list
How to make it
- Preparation for cake batter:
- Melt semisweet chocolate morsels in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH for 30-second intervals until melted (about 1 1/2 minutes total time). Stir until smooth.
- Beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer, beating about 5 minutes or until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Add melted chocolate, beating just until blended.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to chocolate mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Gradually add 1 cup hot water in a slow, steady stream, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in vanilla.
- Spoon batter evenly into 3 greased and floured 8-inch square pans. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire rack.
- Melt white chocolate morsels in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH for 30-second intervals until melted (about 1 1/2 minutes total). Stir until smooth, and spread in a 1/4-inch-thick layer on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with almonds. Chill 30 minutes or until firm. Remove from baking sheet, and chop.
- Spread Vanilla Buttercream Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Press chopped white chocolate mixture into top and sides of cake. If desired, tie a decorative ribbon around sides
- of cake.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookvictoriaregina USA, VA
The Rating13 people
Beautiful post!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Yummy.............love it its beautiful!!minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
YUM! What a beautiful cake. 5 forks for youhenrie in Savannah loved it