Moroccan Beef Stew With Dried FruitFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 3 lb lean beef stew cubes shopping list
- olive oil to saute shopping list
- 1 large onion chopped shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 cup water or beef broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup dark raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted prunes shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted dates shopping list
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives shopping list
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives shopping list
- parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme to taste (fresh or less if dried) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- honey to taste shopping list
- paprika to taste shopping list
- 1 to 2 Tbs. fine granulated tapioca or flour to thicken shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds or as desired shopping list
How to make it
- In pot heat some olive oil and brown meat and then onions.
- Add wine and water plus remaining fruits and seasoning to taste.
- Bring to a boil and then cover and simmer until meat is tender (1 1/2 to 2 hours).
- Correct seasoning and add some honey (to taste).
- Stir in tapioca or flour and cook and stir to thicken mixture.
- If you want more of a spicy taste, add the paprika.
- Stir in almonds just before serving.
- Note: tastes best when allowed to cool and be reheated.
- Serves 6 to 8
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
What a beautiful post! Thanks so much Midge, it on my list of "To Make Soon" recipes!
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
ohhhhhhh yummy i love it !!!!minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
YUMMY. Bookmarked & 5ved.
Thank you for the share.
Jo & Leejolielives in The Catskill Plateau loved it