PORK CHOP CASSEROLE - DIABETIC FRIENDLEFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- ngredients: shopping list
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- ½ tsp. pepper shopping list
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops ( ¾ -inch thick and 8 -oz each ) shopping list
- 2 Tbs. canola oil or olive oil shopping list
- 1 can ( 10-3/4 -oz ) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted ( low-fat if you can find it ) shopping list
- 1 cup ( 8-oz ) light sour cream, divided shopping list
- 2/3 cup chicken broth ( Low-fat ) shopping list
- ½ tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- ¼ tsp. dried rosemary, crushed shopping list
- 1 can ( 2.8-oz ) French-fried onions, divided shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 350.
- In a large plastic resealable bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add one pork chop at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet; cook pork chops in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
- Place in a single layer in an un-greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish. In a bowl, combine the soup, ½ cup sour cream, broth, ginger and rosemary; pour over chops. Sprinkle with half of the onions.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until meat is tender. Stir remaining sour cream into sauce. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until onions are browned. Serve.
- NOTE: Do not have the nutrition information at this time. Will amend the recipe when I have it.
- Also I have modified the original recipe to a Diabetic Friendly one.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating7 people
i havemade these minus the onions gotta try it great delicousporkchop Ed keepem comin high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
It sound very goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
YUM YUM for MY TUM TUM:) I'll make this sometime this week!! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it