HERMIT COOKIES DIABETICFrom spinach1948 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- ½ cup shortening shopping list
- ½ cup brown sugar substitute shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- ¼ tsp. baking soda shopping list
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- ¼ tsp. clove ground shopping list
- 1/3 cup 1% milk shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- ¾ cup walnuts chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 350
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Cream together shortening and brown sugar substitute. Add eggs, until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and cloves to the shortening mixture; mix well.
- Fold in raisins and Walnuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets about 2 – 3 inches apart.
- Bake in the upper third oven shelf at 350 for 12 – 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
- NOTE: A diabetic recipe modified from the triditional. This is my recipe.
- Nutrition Information: Serving Size: one Cookie
- Calories per serving: 89, Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 60mg, Carbohydrate: 14
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating4 people
Can't wait to try this one!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Oh Ed, ya won my tummy:) This is definitely going to be made all winter long... Perfect too!!! I'm always looking for sumthin' to munch on, I'm a 'grazer' The only time I 'sit down' to a meal is at supper, don't know why, oh well. HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!...moresnowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Great post..you are coming up with alot of good ones...five forks
I am so sorry Ed ...I have to take this out of the Gluten Free group.... because of the flour... if there is just a little bit of flour a recipe can easily be converted... b...morepeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it