Hot Broccoli DipFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 1 round sourdough bread loaf (1-1/2 lbs shopping list
- 1/2 c chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 c red peppers shopping list
- 1/4 c chopped onions shopping list
- 2 Tbs butter shopping list
- 1 lb. Velveeta cheese product,cut in 1/2' cubes shopping list
- 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped broccoli,thawed and drained shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary leaves,crushed shopping list
- few drops hot pepper sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut thin slice from top of bread loaf;remove center,leaving 1" thick shell. Cut removed bread into bite-size pieces;spread onto baking sheet. Add bread shell;replace top. Bake 15 mins. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile cook and stir celery,red peppers and onions in butter in medium saucepan on med. heat till tender. Add Velveeta;cook on low heat till melted,stirring frequently. Add broccoli,rosemary and hot pepper sauce;cook till heated through,stirring constantly.
- Pour into bread shell just before serving. Serve with toasted bread pieces, crackers and/or assorted fresh vegetables.
- Hor Spinach Dip: Prepare as directed substituting 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach,thawed and well drained for the broccoli.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
Yummy Pat - thanks for the post!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
This a a FOOTBALL DIP for December and beyond if we make it! LOL! Ypu get my five!txbackyardcook in FORT WORTH loved it
OOOOHHH!!! Pat, I think I will award you 'The Chef of the Year' award for this one:) HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!! Bk'd & sv'd for New Year's:)snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it