SUPRISE MONKEY BREAD DIABETIC FRIENDLYFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- I cup packed brown sugar ( Diabetic use Twins or Splenda brown sugar ) shopping list
- ½ cup butter ( Diabetic use margarine ) shopping list
- 2 tubes ( 12-oz each ) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits shopping list
- ½ cup sugar ( Diabetic use sugar substitute ) shopping list
- 1 Tbs. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 package ( 8-oz ) 1/3 less fat cream cheese, cut into 20 cubes shopping list
- 1 ½ cups chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 350.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat brown sugar and butter on high for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- Flatten each biscuit into a 3-inch circle. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle ½ teaspoon in the center of each biscuit. Top with a cream cheese cube. Fold ; pinch edges to seal tightly.
- Sprinkle ½ cup walnuts into a 10-inch fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the biscuits, cinnamon-sugar and butter mixture and ½ walnuts. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350 for 40 – 45 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yields: 1 loaf.
- Diabetic Friendly:
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Diabetic Nutrition Values: Calories per serving: 378, Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 38mg, Carbohydrate: 42g, Sodium: 340mg
- Note: This recipe can also be made with garlic and cheese that can be serve at dinner time.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating5 people
Wonderful!!! I bk'd & sv'd 4 the week!! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Sound very nice and good!! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
VERY NICE LOVE THESE BREAD RECIPES GREAT JOB!!!
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Party Food316 members
Bake Sale126 members
Appetizers And Dips268 members
Diabetic And Or Lowcarb120 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place158 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
Diabetic Friendly Recipes43 members
Breads Rolls And Biscuits37 members