Herbes de ProvenceFrom tuilelaith 4 years ago
- * 2 tablespoons plus 11/2 teaspoons dried oregano shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons dried savory shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons dried, crushed lavender (optional) shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon dried sage shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon dried, crushed rosemary shopping list
How to make it
- Stir the herbs together and store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
- This herbes de Provence recipe makes 10 tablespoons or slightly less than 2/3 cup of Provencal herb blend mixture.
- Herbes de Provence is a classic herb blend using fresh or dried herbs. Very popular in the Mediterranean South of France, it is used to season everything from soups to grilled chicken. This traditional version uses lavender. Although purists will argue against the exclusion of the herb, one absolutely can omit it from this recipe and still have a delicious and authentic Provencal herb blend. Bon appetit!
- Fresh Herbes de Provence Photo: Amanda Wray