Cranberry GingerbreadFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 3 c flour shopping list
- 2 ts baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 ts baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 ts salt shopping list
- 1 tb ground ginger shopping list
- 1 ts cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 ts cloves shopping list
- 1 Lg egg shopping list
- 1 c dark molasses shopping list
- 2/3 c milk shopping list
- 1/3 c butter or margarine melted shopping list
- 1 c Coarse chopped cranberries shopping list
- 1 tb Grated orange peel shopping list
How to make it
- Mix flour, baking powder, soda, spice and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat egg with molasses, milk and butter to blend well.
- Add to flour mixture and stir well to blend.
- Mix cranberries, sugar and peel in small bowl.
- Add half of this to flour mixture.
- Scrape batter into greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Spoon remaining cranberry mixture over top.
- bake 350 for 40 minutes or tested done.
- cool in pan on rack.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream over pieces
- may be frozen.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Luv addition of cranberries bet nuts added would be awsome! thanks bunches high5 plusmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Wow I never would have thought that cranberry and gingerbread would go together. I have to try this.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
I have to try this recipe, too. Thank you so much for posting it!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it