Green Bean CasseroleFrom spinach1948 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 6 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon ( Diabetic use the turhey bacon ) Optional Remember it is aditional fat to the recipe. shopping list
- 2 Cans ( 10 ¾ -oz each ) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2 tsp. Lite soy sauce shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 2 cans ( no salt added ) cut green beans, drained, or fresh cut or frozen cut cooked and drained. shopping list
- 1 can ( 6-oz) Frenches french fried onions, divided shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine soup, milk, soy sauce and pepper. Gently stir in beans. Spoon half of the mixture into a 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the onions. Spoon the remaining bean mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with the remaining onions and the bacon if desired. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the onions are brown and crispy. Yields: 10 servings.
- Nutrition Values: Serving size: 1 cup
- Per serving: Calories per serving: 163, Fat: 11g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Carbohydrate: 14g, Sodium: 405mg, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 2g,
- The sodium is higher with the regular canned green beans.
- Note: This recipe is a Diabetic Friendly one and Gastric Bypass People can also eat this.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating8 people
"WOW"!What a great recipe.I really would "LOVE" to make this.I remembered my Grandma making this around the 4th of July when my dad and us girls went to the farm.Yeah my Grandfather was a farmer before he died and my Grandma was a homemaker.sandygalesmith in Saint Joseph loved it
Great dish but I'll add something to it if you don't mind!...........BACON! Makes the CROWD GO WOW! "MIGHT NOT BE FRIENDLY TO "DiabeticS" FIXED THIS WAY!
GREAT POST!txbackyardcook in FORT WORTH loved it
AW perfect, heck witb the family, i'm keeping for me! ALLL MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OOOOOHHHH HEHE:) HIGH FIVE FORKS!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Diabetic And Or Lowcarb119 members
Casserole Comfort130 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place158 members
Traditional Recipes30 members
Oldies But Goodies113 members
Casserole A Day61 members
Diabetic Friendly Recipes43 members
Quick And Easy25 members